We are looking for dedicated, reliable, willing and experienced people who are keen and passionate to help those who are in need!
The position has the following responsibilities and duties: Governance
- Ensure that the Board maintains the degree of financial literacy necessary to conduct the business of the organisation.
- Advise the Board on matters of finance.
- Advise the Board on fundraising.
- Ensure that appropriate financial policies and procedures are in place and fully documented.
- Produce [in partnership with the Board] a Financial Budget/Business Plan for the organisation.
- Ensure [in partnership with the Board] the regular review and development of the Business Plan.
- Report to the Board at each meeting on the financial situation of the organisation.
- Report to the Board at each meeting on variances from the approved budget
- With the Secretary, place any necessary financial items on the Board agenda in advance of the meeting.
- Report to the Annual General Meeting on the financial situation of the organisation.
- Ensure the organisation’s financial control procedures are adequate and that appropriate safeguards against fraud are in place.
- Ensure that risk management strategies (including appropriate insurances) are in place.
- Collect and receive all money due to the organisation and make all payments authorised by the organisation (alongside of the Executive Managing Director).
- Oversee the organisation’s investment strategy and report to the Board (With the EMD, oversee the organisation’s investment strategy and report to the Board).
- Prepare the Budget for the coming year.
- Review income and expenditure against the budget on a continuous basis.