Mentor a newly arrived young person - Employment Empowers, Melbourne WestCentre for Multicultural Youth (CMY)
CMY’s Employment Empowers (previously 'Pathways') Program provides a new approach to supporting young people to find and succeed in employment. CMY recognises the need to provide additional support to young people from a refugee or migrant backgrounds looking for their first job or looking to begin their career.
CMY is seeking volunteers to join this program from across a range of professional and hands-on industries. Volunteers will provide mentoring support to young people as they apply for work and undertake work experience or start work.
We are looking for people who:
- Are interested in supporting young people from a migrant or refugee background
- Can commit for at least a 12-month period
- Can reliably attend catch ups with their mentee and be available on the phone
- Have at least 3 years professional work experience and a good understanding of job seeking requirements and employment norms
- Can be a positive and engaging role model for young people seeking career development
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Can work autonomously, be self-reflective and respond to feedback and directions from CMY staff.
- Are able to travel into an agreed location around Melbourne to meet with their mentee
Applicants are required to pass a child safety screening process including referee checks
Feel free to contact us – we would love to hear from you!