Address: 199 Gympie Road, Strathpine QLD 4500
Wesley Mission Queensland is currently seeking a team of motivated and passionate people to transport our clients to medical appointments and social activities within the local community. If you are great with people, enjoy driving, have a valid driver’s licence, a minimum of one day each week to spare and have a genuine passion to help others, this could be the perfect role for you!
Wesley Mission Queensland’s Community Transport Service (CTS) has been providing a high level of transport services to the community for over 10 years and we could use your help in meeting the increasing client’s needs.
CTS empowers clients to live a fulfilled life in their own homes and keep their community connections. CTS is committed to providing professional, caring support for older people living at home to help them remain independent for as long as possible. Our qualified transport team offers door-to-door services that make sure they get to where they need to be. Volunteers provide transport for clients in CTS vehicles.
About the role of Volunteer Driver
CTS Volunteer Drivers utilise our fleet vehicles, Mercedes Sprinter Vans & Toyota Camry sedans to transport clients on designated routes throughout the community. An Open C Class Queensland licence is required for this position.
CTS runs Monday to Friday 7am – 4.30pm and full day volunteer shifts are available.
As part of our team of dedicated and caring volunteer drivers, you will be provided with a uniform as well as training and support to perform your role efficiently and safely.
CTS is a welcoming and rewarding place to volunteer where you will meet many wonderful people from various backgrounds and learn great new skills that may assist you both personally and professionally.
There are lots of other benefits to volunteering with us as well, such as:
- Great education opportunities
- Exclusive shopping discounts
- Access to online and face-to-face wellness advisors
- Free Flu Vaccinations
- Invitations to social events
- Being part of a team that is making a difference in the lives of people in our local community.
- All Volunteer Drivers follow a COVID-19 safe work plan and provide proof they are up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations before they are registered in their role
- Security check applications including an NDIS Workers Screening Check can be supplied and paid for by Wesley Mission Queensland
- Our Community Transport Service is also Centrelink participant friendly, so we encourage you to apply.
Please contact Denise our Community Transport Volunteer Coordinator on (07) 3204 3999 if you have any questions about this position.
We look forward to hearing from you!