Save the Children is one of Australia's largest aid and development agencies dedicated to helping children. We work to protect children from harm and help them access quality education and health services. Our Op Shops raise funds through the sale of donated goods. This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to join our QLD Op Shop team in Kallangur. A Retail Assistant Volunteer contributes to creating a welcoming shopping environment and is part of a happy team of volunteers.
The Volunteer Retail Assistant position is located at our Kallangur store. As part of our volunteer team, you will be trained in all the general daily store operations to give you variety in your role.
You will make an impact by:
- Providing a high level of friendly customer service.
- Accept donations brought to the shop
- Daily operations including sorting & pricing donations, basic register sales.
- Maintaining Visual merchandising and housekeeping standards.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Able to work 1-3 days per week, either full day or half day
- Punctual, reliable and honest
- Able to work as part of a team, participating in all general activities
- Able to create a fun, friendly environment for both your fellow volunteers and customers.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic and/or basic cash handling skills
To create a welcoming environment for our customers, all volunteer team members are committed to providing great customer service and participate in general housekeeping of our store.
Reporting to: Store Manager/ Supervisor
- Induction, essential
- Orientation, essential
- Training, as required