Social Worker, Social Services Officer, Case Manager (Not-for-Profit Community Justice Charity)Diverse Communities & Social Services (DCSS Australia) | Community Justice & Social Services Charity
The incumbent of this position will be required to:
- Counselling groups or individuals in dealing with chronic illness, loss of a loved one, or substance abuse
- Being a mandatory reporter and investigator of potential child or elder abuse
- Assess the needs of each individual client and keep detail records of clients progress in the healing process
- Advocate on behalf of the client or family members by consulting with other members of the healthcare team
- Helping to connect clients with community and government resources around financial or insurance issues
- Help clients fill out Medicare or Medicaid applications information and oversee their information and status of ongoing benefits.
Skills to Succeed:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers and commitment to the AASW Code of Ethics ( Preferable)
- Experience and clinical skills - assessment, counselling, advocacy, referral to community services, and discharge planning in a health/rehabilitation setting
- Experience working in a health setting with adults with a physical or cognitive disability
- Demonstrated competence in communication skills – written and verbal, negotiation, conflict resolution
- Demonstrated commitment to participation in supervision and professional development
- Computer skills and demonstrated competency
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.