Media and Public Relations Officer - Tempe/Remote - # 120250Gift Of Bread
A volunteer is sought to provide media and public relations support for a food rescue and distribution charity. The successful applicant will prepare media releases and briefings, provide content for the charity’s website and social media platforms, arrange activities to promote the charity, and develop contacts with local politicians, sponsors and clients. This is a long term role and would suit a retired professional. This role can be done remotely.
- determine media priorities in consultation with the manager
- develop strategies to grow and maintain public support for the charity
- prepare briefings for local and metropolitan media
- maintain the charity’s website and Facebook page
- monitor new and emerging media for opportunities to promote the charity
- provide support to fund-raising and public awareness events
Skills: • Good analytical skills • Superior oral and written communication skills • Ability to write concisely • Good organisational skills • Interest in current affairs • Ability to work under pressure
For more information and links to register are provided in the return email you will receive when submitting interest online, please look out for this email
Gift of Bread has a COVID-19 safety plan in operation at every volunteer session. We also have a trained health officer in attendance at all sessions, to check the temperature and general health of every volunteer. The safety and welfare of our volunteers is of paramount importance to us
Benefits: Volunteering allows you to connect to your community and make it a better place. Dedicating your time as a volunteer helps you to make new friends, expand your network, raise your self-confidence, improve your social and work skills and achieve a natural sense of accomplishment.