Address: Brisbane Relief Hub - 316 St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
The Emergency Relief Service at Wesley Mission Queensland's Brisbane Relief Hub helps people to address their immediate basic needs in times of financial crisis or hardship through material or financial aid via food parcels and vouchers. Support is offered in a way that maintains the dignity of individuals and families and encourages self-reliance. We also link people with services available at Emergency Relief and throughout the community to help them address the challenges that are affecting their financial and general well-being.
As a vital part of our Emergency Relief Service, our volunteers can help in various ways, including:
- Engaging with clients of the service, building rapport, and responding to emergency relief requests
- Purchasing, receiving, packing, storing, and dispatching food
- Receiving and responding to phone calls and other enquires
- Conducting basic intake and assessment interviews with clients
- Assisting in our social, lifestyle, and wellness groups
- Cleaning and other office duties.
Volunteer shifts are available Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Volunteering with our Emergency Relief Service is not only a wonderful, supportive, and fun experience, but it is also a way to ensure individuals and families in need get a helping hand when they need it most.
Our Emergency Relief Service is a welcoming and rewarding place to volunteer where you will meet many wonderful people from various backgrounds and learn new skills that may assist you both personally and professionally. There are lots of other benefits to volunteering with us as well, such as:
- Great education opportunities
- Exclusive shopping discounts
- Access to online and face-to-face wellness advisors
- Invitations to social events
- Being part of a team that is making a difference in the lives of people in our local community.
The Emergency Relief Service is 5 minutes walking distance from Fortitude Valley Train station, and street parking is available.
All Emergency Relief Service volunteers complete a security check and work within COVID-19 safe guidelines.
For more information, please visit the Wesley Mission Queensland website.
If you have any questions about this role, don't hesitate to contact the Emergency Relief team at (07) 3216 1579, who will be happy to answer any queries you may have.
We look forward to hearing from you!