About us House to Grow is a not-for-profit organization. Our priority is to transform lives through education, health and personal development, based on the four pillars of the human essence - mental, emotional, physical and spiritual.
About the role As the Communications and Digital Officer, you will have the responsibility of developing, implementing evaluating a diverse range of communication and social media strategies to support our brand, advocacy as well as marketing and communications objectives for our Educational programs. This volunteer role is pivotal in raising our brand awareness, improving our digital footprint and driving our online growth. (3 days per week).
About you You are a passionate and creative individual who has the unique ability to encourage, promote and support services staff to use social media and other online initiatives and campaigns as a mechanism to reach out to organisations and grow their engagement.
Key Selection Criteria
- Studies or experience in either marketing, digital or communication fields. You will have experience in developing and implementing promotional, marketing and social media strategies.
- Demonstrable written communication skills, including experience in writing, proof reading and editing.
- Highly Efficient in office suite of Microsoft programs including word and PowerPoint
- Experience in using HubSpot or similar for newsletter distribution
- Experience in using Hootsuite or similar for management of social media accounts
- Experience in using Survey Monkey for distribution of survey
- Experience in using InDesign and Photoshop for layout and design of promotional materials and
- Experience in using WordPress or similar for website management
- Attention to detail, organisation and time management skills. You must have the ability to consistently manage various tasks and projects and be focussed on deadlines.
The Community Manager will support us with:
- Content creation – writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels.
- Social media marketing – creating, managing and growing the company's presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties.
- Events and event planning – attending industry events in your city and planning meetups for your community.
- Public relations – managing incoming media requests and building relationships with industry journalists; creating, executing and measuring media campaigns.
- Customer relations – responsible for customer support and answering questions.
- Communications/marketing strategy – creating strategic marketing/communications plans to provide direction for the company's public-facing communications.
- Analytics – Using Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
Don't forget to please forward your CV by separate email.