- Location: Hobart, TAS
- Category: Education & Training
91 Murray St
Hobart TAS 7000
Tasmania set up Australia's first library in 1825 and was the first state in Australia to deliver an integrated library and archive network. Today we deliver services from over 50 sites, as well as online, from within the Department of Education.
We provide modern library services that are accessible and inclusive. We welcome people of all ages, interests and needs, offering:
- a broad collection of lending items
- online information, including databases and heritage collections
- research and information services
- free access to the internet, computers and support in their use
- flexible spaces for individual study, recreation and group activity
- a variety of programs, services and events for adults, children and young people that enable personal learning, growth and community connections.
Through Archives Tasmania, we preserve Tasmania's documentary heritage for future generations, and serve as the continuing memory of Tasmania’s government and people. We are committed to making copies of our heritage items available online, to anyone around the world.
We provide opportunities for lifelong learning, social interactions and cultural inspiration.
PROUD MEMBERS OF VOLUNTEERING TASMANIA