- Location: South Fremantle WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
One morning per week for 2 to 3 hours
Type of work
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
On the job training and induction provided
The Agency will cover all costs and supply a Uniform
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
Experience with fishing is not necessary, but all volunteers must have a positive and empathetic nature.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
With the support from a team of volunteers, and with the use of modified rods, reels and vessel, we cater for children and adults living in our communities with disabilities, offering fishing experiences in a safe and welcoming environment. Our program is delivered year round with regular jetty and boat schedules.
Volunteers play a critical role in assisting in shore and boat based fishing activities. Volunteers assist with setting up fishing gear, baiting and casting a line and catch care.
Volunteers usually assist with one activity per month (between 2 and 3 hours duration).
Fishability are currently dividing the Perth Metro Program to accommodate a north of the river and a south of the river program. Both programs will be sourced with a trailer, fishing equipment, safety and rescue equipment etc