- Location: Farrer ACT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
• Goodwin Day Clubs are in operation from 08:30 – 16:30 Monday to Friday. • Goodwin is seeking the assistance of a volunteer to help with anything from 1 to 15 hours per week for a minimum of four (4) months.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Driving & Transportation
- Garden Maintenance
- Companionship & Social Support
Tea, coffee and T-shirt
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
- All volunteers are required to undertake and maintain a satisfactory National Criminal History Records Check (police check) for working with vulnerable people.
- Attendance at corporate induction and associated volunteer training sessions is mandatory.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
What could a volunteer do?
You don’t have to have certain skills or talents – it’s of great value to our residents and clients just to have company sometimes.
Activities assistants Activities are run every day across our residential care facilities and day clubs. You could help set up and run a group, such bingo, scrabble, bridge, cards, crafts, model building, games, painting and social/conversation groups.
Bus drivers Transport lively group outings on the Goodwin minibuses, assist groups, or chauffeur seniors to important appointments. We welcome volunteers with an endorsed license (i.e. able to drive more than a 12 seater bus), who can help drive the Goodwin bus fleet for group outings.
Gardener Will take the lead in working with residents and clients to establish a planting calendar and actively oversee the garden beds, with assistance from residents and staff at Goodwin.
Religious services Help bring church or prayer services to those who can’t get to them. Assist with weekly services at any of our villages. Various faiths.
Language assistance Turn isolation into joy by helping a non-English speaker express their needs and enjoy a conversation. Rare dialects needed!
Computer tuition Help residents stay in touch with distant loved ones via the internet, or update with tech.
Arts, craft and music There are always opportunities to help with art, craft or even give a short musical performance. Residents are keen to learn to sing and establish a choir. We are trying to find an enthusiastic teacher and leader to help us to get going.
Carers and students Considering a career in care or nursing? Gain invaluable on-the-job experience!
Pet therapy Bring in pets or petting animals to connect with residents in special ways.
A cuppa and conversation Company and conversation can be all a person needs to brighten their day! We welcome anyone who’d like to spend some time. You can also provide company for clients being transported on the bus to attend Goodwin facilities and on their return home in afternoon.
Admin Support Help the Coordinators to design/plan activities calendar and back office work.
What does Goodwin offer you? Goodwin offers access to training and support, and inclusion in a dynamic, benevolent institution. You will be a valued member of the team and gain rich experience in a multi-faceted organisation. (Plus a free polo shirt!)