- Location: Watsonia VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
1 hour every fortnight
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
internal training will be provided
police check paid by organisation
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
There is no specific skills or qualifications required for this position. However, the Citizen Advocate must be friendly and have compassion.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
A Citizen Advocate is an unpaid member of the local community who is orientated and supported by the coordinator, to speak up on the behalf of a vulnerable person. The coordinator finds a person with an intellectual disability who need support and recruits a voluntary advocate to be matched with them.
Advocates support an individual to make decisions about their life and advocate for their rights and interests.