- Location: Lara VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Flexiable roster with morning (9.00 - 11.00AM) and afternoon (5.00 - 6.00PM) shifts avaliable
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Garden Maintenance
- Working with Animals
Online Induction & site specific induction. Regular training offered on a variety of subjects.
- Heavy Lifting
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Our Volunteers Office will help you apply for a free Police Check, a free Working with Children's Check and sign the Disability Workers Exclusion Scheme Consent Form.
Applicants must have an interest and general knowledge of animal care and gardening.
Duties may include:
- lifting a wheel barrow
- Feeding and caring for animals
- Some gardening and kneeling
- Be comfortable working outdoors.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Do you like working outdoors? Do you like animals?
Our Volunteer Care Farm Animal Assistants assist the Care Farm Supervisor, to maintain the health and well-being of our Care Farm animals and develop and maintain the Care Farm gardens at Costa Residential Aged Care, in order to add to the Lifestyle and well-being of residents and visitors to the facility.
The Care Farm is home to a Shetland Pony, Sheep, Chickens, and Ducks. The animals provide a calm and therapeutic environment for our aged residents to enjoy.
Volunteers commit to a regular day shift through the week, and are supported by the Care Farm coordinator who provides initial training.