- Location: Ultimo NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Indigenous Australians
5 hours per week on Monday or Tuesday between 10am-3pm
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
- Writing & Editing
You will receive training from the Marketing Coordinator at the beginning of your program including of the necessary systems and product knowledge. You will undergo a trial period of one day.
This well regarded not-for-profit organisation aiming to improve literacy rates in remote Indigenous communities across Australia is seeking a reliable Marketing Assistant volunteer to work 1 day per week, on a Monday, Thursday or Friday It is desirable that the volunteer make a minimum commitment of 3 months. This position requires an organised person with excellent communication, proficient in Mac, and holds the ability to work independently to deadlines.
The role includes supporting the Marketing Manager in the communications, fundraising and events of the organisation.
Tasks might include:
- Writing copy for social media, newsletters, blog posts, and thank you letters.
- Event organisation preparing collateral, PowerPoint presentations, assisting with invites, RSVP lists, follow up calls.
- Phone fundraising campaigns to schools.
- Scheduling posts for Facebook and Twitter.
- Editing web copy.
- Stocktake of marketing collateral.
- Packing marketing kits and helping deliver the post.
- Other admin tasks such as filing, mail merge, and creating calendars for conferences and events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- IT savvy, requiring first rate computer skills, experience using Mac Computers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, to deadlines.
- Experience using Facebook and Twitter.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Intermediate skills in MS Office - Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Preferred experience in Salesforce CR
- Advanced English skills
Minimum age 20.
Benefits: -- Develop or learn valuable skills in Marketing including event coordination, copywriting, social media, website.
- Gain new knowledge about literacy and literature in remote communities.
- Boost your career prospects.
- Enjoy a sense of agency, achievement and fulfilment in contributing to addressing the literacy gap in remote Australia.
- Connect with others, make new contacts and be a part of a team.
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering, or your first time volunteering in Australia, you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.