- Location: Westbury TAS
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Museums & Heritage
Open July August September 10 am - 3 pm ; Other months 10-4 pm Volunteer required during opening hours or by arrangement. Flexible shift times.
- People Learning English
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Garden Maintenance
- Trades & Maintenance
Induction training and peer support
- Working with Children Check *
3 hour minimum. Weekly / fortnightly shifts as negotiated with Pearns Steam World Staff.
Whilst Working with Vulnerable People Check and Police Check are not essential would be seen as an advantage.
Ability to work within OH&S guidelines.
Ride on mower with petrol available, push mower and other gardening equipment
available on site. Safety glasses can be supplied. Volunteer to supply their own safety footwear.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
In this role you will: -Use a ride on lawn mower to mow and maintain lawns.
- Develop and maintain the surrounding gardens. -Check the model railway track is clear for operation.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team. To be able to exercise a Duty of Care and ensure that your work environment is safe and hazard free. Ability to recognise and report any OH&S concerns.