- Location: Frankston VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 10.00am-2.00pm or Saturday 11.00am-1.00pm
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Disability Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Location: Banksia Centre, 12 Inglis Avenue, Frankston
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 10.00am-2.00pm or Saturday 11.00am-1.00pm
Summary of program and its objectives
The Banksia Centre in Frankston offers a range of activities in a supportive and dementia-friendly environment. Members are encouraged to pursue past interests such as gardening or other outdoor hobbies. Art and music therapy, indoor bowls and board games are also on offer.
Community involvement is emphasised to promote wellbeing and social connections. Carers can also put their mind at ease and take a break while the Banksia Centre care for their loved ones.
We are currently seeking volunteers to assist with food preparation as a kitchen hand assistant.
To meet the selection criteria, the candidate will require
- A food safety certificate and/or willingness to complete an online two-hour food handling course
- Genuine commitment and interest in working with older people and people with disabilities
- Food handling experience
- Ability to work well with others and take instructions
- Understanding of and commitment to the values and ideals of the BSL
- Willingness to undergo satisfactory checks
To learn more, read the Kitchen Hand Assistant – Banksia Frankston Role Description on BSL Website or phone Volunteer Services on (03) 9483 1390. Please note that all our applicants are required to fill out a Screening Questionnaire.