- Location: Hove SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Volunteers can negotiate their free time and support our residents and teams in many ways. We are happy with a few hours or several days a week to support our elders.
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
Orientation and training provided
- National Police Certificate *
A willingness to make a positive contribution within the Eldercare team environment.
Understanding of the importance of confidentiality
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Program Support Assistant will support the operations of the Lifestyle & Volunteer team by being able to support the team providing varied activities with residents & having fun.