- Location: Colac VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Arranged to suit client and volunteer. Details available from agency.
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Companionship & Social Support
Two hour training session with co-ordinator. On-going support & additional information session.
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
Have a professional approach, empathy with elderly and adhere to the philosophies and policies of our agency.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We are seeking volunteers interested in providing social contact to support older members of the community. This gives clients a chance to connect with a friendly and caring listener and can be done by developing a supportive friendship with the client through visiting them for a one hour minimum visit, weekly.
You will also be requested to liaise and discuss any concerns regarding the client's welfare with the coordinator.