- Location: Frankston South VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Agestrong program is on Mon, Tues, Wed mornings. 3-4hrs per day, once a week.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Sport & Physical Activity
Tea & Coffee
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
· A passion for supporting older people
· The ability to participate in exercise classes and move light equipment.
· The ability to follow instructions.
· Excellent people skills and understanding of needs of diverse communities
· Ability to create a welcoming environment where the community receives polite, warm and friendly service.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Agestrong assistants require a genuine interest in older people, the ability to participate in gentle exercise classes, move chairs and assist participants in the use of fitness equipment like leg weights and free weight. Volunteers are also required to prepare and clean equipment, and sweep the room after the session.
It is essential that volunteers wish to be involved in a community setting and are comfortable doing so.
We would prefer a volunteer who can commit to a minimum of three hours per week for a three month term. Induction and support will be provided.
In return for each session, we offer a free, centre-run exercise class to all volunteers.