- Location: Gatton QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Other
Weekday and weekend shifts available.
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
- Administration & Office Management
- Working with Children Check *
- Driver's Licence (C)
- Basic skills in Microsoft Computer Systems.
- A high level of customer service skills
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Sound knowledge of the Lockyer Valley Region
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
If you are interested in welcoming tourists to the beautiful Lockyer Valley region and want to help in promoting local sites and businesses then we want to hear from you!
- Meeting and greeting visitors.
- Answering enquiries - both in person and via the phone or email.
- Restocking brochure and souvenir displays.
- Assisting with administration duties.
- Souvenir sales and enquiries and cash handling.
- Keeping records of visitor numbers.
Volunteer characteristics: Friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic; a team player; customer focused; willing to learn new skills; passionate about the Tourism industry; must be a 'people person'.
Skills gained: Volunteering for the Lockyer Valley Regional Council has the following benefits: opportunities for ongoing personal development; meet new people and make friends; recognition at various social events and thank you celebrations.