- Location: Mundaring WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Emergency Response
You will be on one of four teams that are rostered on call every fourth week to cover evenings, nights and weekends. A day crew covers Monday to Friday work hours. The Saturday morning of your team’s week will be spent checking equipment and preparing the ICV for duty. We also train for 3 hours on the first Sunday of the month and for two hours on the third Tuesday evening. In addition, recruits must attend 2 weekend courses at the Mundaring Shire Bushfire Brigade.
- Groups of 10 or more
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Safety & Emergency Services
Free training provided at the Fire School and within the brigade
Cost of Police check covered by the brigade
- National Police Certificate *
• Age is not a barrier but you need to be at least 18 and reasonably fit and mobile.
• You must have a vehicle and current driver’s license so you can respond in reasonable time.
• Possess a smart phone for call-out alerts.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We are seeking volunteers who can ‘think on their feet’, speak calmly and clearly under stressful conditions, and work genially with a team of 5+ other brigade members who commit to a call-out shift every fourth week during fire season.
The ICV Crew provide support to Incident Managers who control and coordinate the response to large fires. Duties include tracking crews and trucks on the fire ground, exchanging messages by radio, and preparing and printing documents and maps. Comprehensive training on a continuous basis is provided. We are one of the 9 other volunteer bush fire brigades in the Shire of Mundaring, but we operate from our 12-ton, air-conditioned communication van or Incident Control Vehicle (ICV) instead of from a fire truck. So, if you stay cool in fast-moving situations . . . we want you!