- Location: Ocean Grove VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Day time hours to suit the client & volunteer. All additional details from agency.
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Disability Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Working with Animals
Orientation and Community Pet Care training.
Previously approved fuel reimbursement.
- National Police Certificate *
Understand the purpose and philosophy of the Cherished Pets Foundation.
- appreciate the needs of people who are frail, aged, have a disability or have mobility issues and services available to them,
- respect different cultures and their needs,
- good listening and communication skills,
- a caring attitude that demonstrates empathy and patience,
- be trustworthy, accountable, responsible, punctual and reliable,
- respect the rights, beliefs and personal values and the privacy of others and not disclose confidential information,
- demonstrate an interest in animals,
- demonstrate an interest in older people and people with a disability,
- have an understanding of the value and benefit of companion animals for human wellbeing,
- be capable of providing professional support on an ongoing basis,
- work well as a member of a team and respect the boundaries of the role and responsibilities.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We are seeking volunteers to assist pet owners by providing regular care and exercise for their pets. The pet care will be determined through negotiation with the pet owner and the Volunteer Coordinator. Pet care tasks may include, but are not limited to dog walking, feeding pets, grooming pets, cleaning and removal of pet waste.
Additionally there may be a need to transporting pets, administer medications, flea and worming treatments to pets (under the direction of a Cherished Pets veterinarian); You will be required to notifying the Volunteer Coordinator of any concerns or issues with the client’s or pet’s health and welfare.
Abide by all local laws pertaining to the exercising of dogs in public places, scoop up and responsibly dispose of dog droppings and comply with Cherished Pets Foundation’s Policies and Procedures and Code of Conduct. There's an opportunity to participate in the planning, review and continuous improvement of the role and the service to the community.