- Location: Queenscliff VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Museums & Heritage
Tuesday morning 11am and Saturday afternoon 2pm on one Saturday or Tuesday a monthly. Times are negotiable with agency.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
Short training course 6 - 8 weeks is provided along with regular walks with current guides.
Training and uniforms are provided.
Liaise with Visitor Information Centre Coordinator.
- professional, accurate and friendly interpersonal
- proven team member
- ability to communicate with a variety of people
- developed oral and presentation skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- experience in dealing with the public
- local knowledge of tourism and attractions in the Queenscliff/Pt Lonsdale area would be an advantage.
Participate in family and monthly social dinners
Saturday afternoon walk includes complimentary afternoon tea at one of the local Guesthouses and Hotels.
Become an ambassador for our town and help visitors to our region have a memorable time, while they admire and immerse themselves in Queenscliff’s past. We are seeking volunteers who would enjoy talking to groups about our amazing history and the heritage of our buildings and have them hanging off your every word.
You will be providing an entertaining and informative walking tour of Queenscliff to answer questions when asked, or direct visitors to the appropriate place to source their answer.
There is also an opportunity to be involved in a Bus Groups which visits Queenscliff sometimes and request to have a Tour Guide board the bus to talk about the history of the area, and we need guides willing to take these tours occasionally. The bus tours generally take an hour, however are arranged to suit the groups’ needs. Learning material can be provided for guides wishing to take bus groups. We also run group bookings by appointment.