- Location: Across: Killarney Vale NSW, Guildford NSW, Strathfield NSW, Campbelltown NSW, Canterbury NSW, Punchbowl NSW
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Education & Training
45 minutes per week between 9am - 3pm weekdays during school terms.
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching
Volunteers will need to complete a 3 hour training session prior to commencement.
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We are looking for Counting Buddies to take part in the Counting for Life program where volunteers visit a local school for 45 minutes each week to assist children in Years 2 to 4 with their numeracy skills and confidence.
The program will commence in February 2019. We are looking for volunteers who have an adequate level of literacy and communication skills (to Year 10 level) and can make the time commitment to the program.
Firstly, volunteers will be asked to fill out a questionnaire expressing their interest and complete a Working with Children Check.
Volunteers are then asked to:
- Complete a three-hour training session with Learning Links
- Attend the school for a one-hour (approx.) orientation session before starting
- Attend the school to complete a 45 minute session each week over 15 weeks to meet individually with your counting buddy
- Complete an evaluation survey at the end of the program
- Make a positive impact on a child's numeracy skills, confidence and motivation.
- Add value to the participating schools and local community
- Improve a child's future
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay. If we do need to contact you by email, often our emails end up in “Junk Mail” – please check your Junk Mail for our response.
If this your first time volunteering or your first time volunteering in Australia you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday to learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.