- Location: Avondale Heights VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Minimum fortnightly visits for a minimum of 12 months
- People Learning English
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Translating & Interpreting
- Companionship & Social Support
1-1.5 hour in person
Travel reimbursement available
- National Police Certificate *
2 contactable referees
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Share your language (Italian) and companionship during fortnightly friendly visits to an isolated elderly Italian lady living in an aged care facility in Avondale Heights.
A female volunteer fluent in Italian is requested for this role.
Visits may be spent talking or sharing in a simple leisure activity together. Your regular visits can make a real and positive difference in the life of this resident - reducing social isolation and improving well-being.
We ask volunteers to commit to fortnightly visits for at least 12 months, however this is an ongoing role & we hope to support your friendship for as long as possible.
Volunteers receive training, orientation, ongoing support, travel reimbursement and quarterly invitations to meetings together with other visiting volunteers.
To find out more please 'express interest' below and we will contact you.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.