- Location: Success WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
ideally during the week, although weekends may be available in some cases
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Translating & Interpreting
New Starter Induction (3 hours), Online Training (2 hours)
- National Police Certificate *
Southern Cross Care WA will pay for and process police checks
Ability to push a wheelchair
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Volunteer visitors are required for residents at Frank Prendergast House in Success.
Many of our residents have limited or no contact with family and friends, and a volunteer visitor can greatly reduce social isolation and increase quality of life.
Volunteers are matched with a specific resident and then visit regularly (minimum fortnightly). Volunteer/resident matches are based on similar interests and general compatibility.
Volunteers currently needing visitors include:
- 1 on 1 with John. We are looking for a male volunteer to accompany John with gardening, wheelchair walks, art & craft and advanced coloring.
- 1 on 1 with Michael a 94 yo man who enjoys: English cricket, walking and travel
One volunteer might visit a few residents, as this might utalise the volunteers time better (in case one is resting etc) During training volunteers are provided with a list of conversation starters and ideas to assist volunteers with these social visits. Most of our residents experience some form of dementia and volunteers will be trained and supported to volunteer in this area.
If you think you can make a difference to the lives of these or other residents by providing some companionship, we'd love to hear from you