- Location: Mount Barker SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Emergency Response
Regular training night and times will be advised on reply.
Type of work
- Safety & Emergency Services
Specialist training relevant to volunteering role.
Out of pocket expenses associated with volunteering role will be reimbursed.
- Consent to a National Criminal History Records Check - conducted by and paid
for by the CFS
- Live within close proximity to your local station
- Demonstrate commitment to the principles of the CFS Code of Conduct
Please note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
Country Fire Service (CFS) volunteers are a diverse group of people who regularly commit time and energy to assist their communities in times of need. There are many roles that a volunteer can participate in, regardless of age, gender or ability.
As a volunteer, you will work side by side other volunteers in times of emergency and you will learn new and valuable skills that will assist you in day-to-day life and in your workplace.
The CFS offers a range of roles including:
- Radio Operation
- Administration Support
- Operational Support
- Community Education
Regardless of the role(s) you wish to undertake the CFS will provide full training by experienced and qualified trainers.