- Location: Rozelle NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Indigenous Australians
8-16 hours per week, Mon and Thurs, between 9am-5pm
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
On the job training
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Advanced level of English literacy and oracy.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
This role involves planning and organising care packs and toys to be sent to around 25 Indigenous preschools & schools across NSW. In 2017 over 1900 children were assisted and this year an additional mid-year delivery is underway.
You will be liaising with donors and keeping them informed of outcomes of their donations and also providing content for promotional materials/social network communications and providing occasional reporting of volunteering activities.
- Data gathering and analysis
- Logistics planning, management, evaluation and enhancement
- Liaison and management of existing Donated Good Program donors
- Identify opportunities for new Donated Goods Program donors/channels
- Gather storytelling elements (e.g. photos) to use in promotional material
- Evaluate the Donated Good Program and implement changes when necessary
- Awareness of Workplace Health and Safety requirements
- Previous managerial or related work experience in a non-profit or charitable organisation
- Strong communication skills, which will be useful in creating handbooks, training manuals, and other program materials
- Strong analytical, leadership and planning skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in word processing, database management and spreadsheet applications.
- Attention to detail and a clear understanding of the sector; commitment to the organisation; and ability to handle information confidentially
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with diverse types of people
- Excellent organisational, time management skills, and ability to cope with limited resources, seize opportunities and think creatively
- Good work ethics, a flexible and non-judgmental approach to people
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also take initiatives when the need arises
Drivers’ licence and car for occasional visits to donor/corporate organisations would be ideal. Minimum age is 26 years
- Interesting place to work in and where your support is very valued.
- Great learning environment in a community organisation which brings together highly committed Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal professionals and experts in the field of psychiatry, psychology, social work, etc.
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering, or your first time volunteering in Australia, you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.