- Location: Rozelle NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Indigenous Australians
10am - 2pm, Tuesdays, 3 - 5 hours per week
Type of work
- Food Preparation & Service
Job orientation training is provided. You will also be introduced to the Mothers Group facilitators and given an induction/tour of the organisation.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
This well regarded not for profit organisation is looking for someone who is energetic and with good basic cooking skills to support the work of their weekly Aboriginal Mothers Group program.
- prepare morning tea
- cook simple, nutritious lunch for group members
- clean up the kitchen and group meeting area.
There are up to 4 people including children in the group. All food is ordered in, no shopping required. This role would be suitable for a student or older person who is physically fit.
- The organisation is small and growing and is a pleasant place to work
- This organisation provides the opportunity to meet people working to support Indigenous Australians.
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering, or your first time volunteering in Australia, you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.