- Location: Marrickville NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
1-2 hours, Mon - Sat, between 9am and 9pm
- People Learning English
Type of work
- Food Preparation & Service
- Trades & Maintenance
On the job training.
This organisation rescues and redistribute surplus fresh bread to reduce the waste and share a loaf with someone who needs it. It could be the homeless roaming the streets, the old person who lives alone at the end of the road or your next door neighbour trying to make a sandwich for the kid’s school lunch.
Come and join a team of dedicated volunteers who slice, wrap and seal bread packages for distribution to those in need. As you will be part of a team you will be a team player, be respectful of others and above all be punctual and reliable. Good communication and listening skills are also required.
Volunteers will need to be capable of operating machinery within Workplace Health and Safety guidelines, as well as lifting packaged goods. This role is flexible between Monday and Saturday with a minimum of a 2 hour commitment.
- Connect with your community.
- Gain satisfaction from helping those in need who would otherwise not receive assistance.
- Make new friends and expand your network.