- Location: Latrobe TAS
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Time commitment: 15 hours per week: Work location: office (someday travel may be required from time to time for which a vehicle will be provided) Free parking available
- Families with Children
- Groups of 10 or more
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media & Communications
As and when approved
Tea/coffee whilst within the office, coupled with random acts of kindess by staff on ocassion
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
Qualifications (required, desired):
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Good listening skills.
• Experience with Microsoft office an advantage.
• Previous fundraising experience an advantage.
• Police back ground check required.
• Current Driver’s license required.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Goal or purpose of position:
The goal of the position is to assist in successful fund development to enable the society to carry out its mission and ensure ongoing service provision can be maintained.
Major responsibilities (the following is a list of possible activities for a volunteer but not an all inclusive list nor is any volunteer expected to fill all of these roles.)
• Assisting in the development and implementation of a coordinated fundraising program. • Planning for and managing of fundraising events. • Handling donor acknowledgements and thank you letters. • Identify and research donor prospects. • Data entry and maintenance of the data base. • Solicitations of corporate sponsors, financial gifts, and gift-in-kind donations. • Interacting with donors and conducting donor meetings. • Development of donor materials, presentations, and mailings. • Serves as an ambassador for the organisation and promotes a positive image/ reputation of the society.