- Location: Victoria Park WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
You will be required to transport clients for various programs at Victoria Park that start at 9.30am and finish at 12 noon or for programs that start at 1pm and finish at 3.30pm. Programs are provided from Mondays to Fridays during school terms.
Type of work
- Driving & Transportation
- Disability Support
If you prefer to use your own vehicle, a token petrol subsidy will be provided. A meal vouche
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
1. Clean valid “C” class drivers licence
2. Reliable and punctual
3. Good navigational and safe driving skills
4. Good communication and interpersonal skills
5. A sense of humour and ability to cope with change and stress
6. An interest to assist people with vision loss
7. Medical clearance for fitness to drive
8. Safe vehicle (if using your own vehicle)
Time and Availability Requirements:
Your driving roster will be planned in conjunction with the Transport Officer depending on the clients’ requirements and your availability. You may wish to volunteer to drive for half or a full day or more than one day in the week. .
You will be required to transport clients for various programs at Victoria Park that start at 9.30am and finish at 12 noon or for programs that start at 1pm and finish at 3,30pm. Programs are provided from Mondays to Fridays during school terms. Some drivers choose to stay on to help in a program while others undertake personal tasks between driving them to Perron Centre and driving them home after their program.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Association for the Blind’s Confident Living Program urgently requires volunteer drivers to transport people who are blind or vision impaired to and from their home to participate in leisure, sport and recreation activities in Victoria Park either using one of the Association’s pool vehicles or your own. A token petrol subsidy will be provided if you drive your own car.
As a volunteer you will: • Make a difference to the lives of people with vision loss by enabling them to participate in activities that will improve their wellness, confidence and avoid the risk of social isolation and becoming depressed. • Be part of an enthusiastic and dedicated team of volunteers and staff. • Gain experience in working with people who are blind and vision impaired.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.