- Location: Launceston TAS
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Mentoring & Advocacy
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Mediation & Advocacy
Will be provided
- National Police Certificate *
Office will pay for police check for the chosen candidate.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We are looking for a female in their 20's-30's who would be interested in spending time with another female who has a disability, sharing their interests and offering friendship and support when needed. The time will be flexible and on an as needs basis suitable to both parties. As their advocate you would take a personal interest in what they do, help them engage in their local community and ensure that their life runs that bit smoother.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of this role, this role is NOT suitable for student placements or students wanting to gain experience in the sector. Additionally we are unable to sign forms for Centrelink purposes.
If you think you have what it takes, feel free to contact us. Training and support will be provided.