- Location: Launceston TAS
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Mentoring & Advocacy
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Mediation & Advocacy
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Do you have the ability to stand up for others? Are you willing to speak up on behalf of someone else and represent their needs as if they were your own? Are you interested in changing the world for one person? You do not need to have previous experience working with people living with disability, just the belief that everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. If this sounds like you or someone you know we would love to hear from you.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of this role, this role is generally NOT suitable for student placements or students wanting to gain experience in the sector. We are also unable to sign Centrelink forms for volunteer status.
If you think you have what it takes, feel free to contact us. Training and ongoing support will be provided.