- Location: Across: Whyalla Norrie SA, Whyalla Jenkins SA, Whyalla Stuart SA, Whyalla Norrie East SA, Whyalla Norrie North SA, Mullaquana SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Monday 10 am - 2 pm; Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:30 am to 3.00 pm. * Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role be a maximum of 15-16 hours per week.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Food Preparation & Service
- Retail & Sales
Induction, Food Safety and Manual Handling Training
Approved out of pocket expenses
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Some computer knowledge and experience desirable
Great Customer Service Ability with a friendly and supportive approach
A 'can do' attitude and willingness to help across varied duties
Ability to stand for long periods
Some manual handling (lifting up to approx. 10 kilos at times)
National Police clearance working with children & vulnerable groups
Willingness to attend training such as manual handling and food safety as required
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Food Hub Assistant require some experience with computers for processing purchases (training provided), Great Customer Service skills, Empathy and understanding towards people who are struggling in our community and attention to detail.
Food Hub volunteers sort product and stock shelves, serve people attending the food hub assisting them to ensure they have a positive experience whilst attending and using Point of Sale equipment in a mini supermarket type environment.
Successful volunteers will work with a dedicated team of staff and Volunteers across shifts 3 days per week.