- Location: Whyalla Norrie SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Monday 10 am - 2 pm.; Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:30 am to 3.00 pm.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Driving & Transportation
- Retail & Sales
Induction, Manual Handling Training
Approved out of pocket expenses
- Driver's Licence (C)
- Heavy Lifting
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
1. Foodhub volunteers - experience in a customer service environment desirable together with some computing knowledge.
2. Drivers - Skilled experienced drivers required for deliveries in a transit refrigerated van together with assisting in the Warehouse. Excellent customer service skills as dealing with a wide variety of client. Empathetic and caring approach. Some manual handling required.
All volunteers must undergo a police clearance working with vulnerable groups.
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Foodbank SA is seeking a number of volunteers in the Whyalla area to assist in our soon to open Food Hub and also in our Warehouse Depot as a Driver or assistant.
Food Hub Assistant - Some experience with computers, Great Customer Service skills, Empathy and understanding towards people who are struggling in our community, Attention to Detail.
Food Hub volunteers sort product and stock shelves, serve people attending the food hub assisting them to ensure they have a positive experience whilst attending the hub, using Point of Sale equipment just like a mini supermarket.
Driver/Warehouse Assistant: Excellent Customer Service Skills and good Driving Record, Ability to follow instructions well and be able to cope with manual handling.
Our Drivers collect donated food and groceries from donor companies and/or deliver to welfare agencies and schools throughout the region. Duties include some manual handling including packing and sorting product, loading and driving goods.
Successful volunteers will also assist in the functionality of the warehouse and work with a dedicated team of staff and Volunteers.