- Location: Beechboro WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Health
Four (4) hours per week however more is available upon request
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
Two day Palliative Care training course, home visits with nurse, buddy visits
Mileage allowance, phone calls and other out of pocket expenses.
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
- Four (4) hours per week committment
- A desire to become a long term member of our Palliative Care team: this opportunity is not suited to those seeking a short term commitment.
- Access to own vehicle
- Passion for helping care for others.
- Solid social skills
- Respect for privacy and confidentiality
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Experience in palliative care or care services not essential but advantageous
NB: This role requires sensitively and care as you will be assisting someone with a life limiting illness.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
This role requires you to work closely with a team of doctors, nurses, counsellors, social workers and volunteers in providing the best service there is our clients.
Your duties will involve all or some of the following:
- Provide companionship to our clients as a form of respite care for their carer: Have a coffee over a friendly chat
- Driving clients to medical appointments or local shops: Help out with grocery shopping or a visit to a chemist.