- Location: Riverwood NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
1.5 - 4 hours pw week Tues, Thurs or Fri late afternoon or evening or Saturday morning
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Type of work
- Disability Support
- Sport & Physical Activity
Mentoring from more experienced volunteers and staff Opportunities to attend relevant courses
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
This organisation provides sporting and recreation opportunities to people with a disability. Their volunteers play an essential role in running and assisting with sports such as basketball, swimming and soccer. They are looking both for coaches to run activitities and helpers to assist our coaches. No formal experience needed - willingness to learn and genuine interest in people with a disability essential. Volunteers need to have a genuine interest in assisting people with disabilities.
All applicants must undergo a Working with Children Check (free for volunteers). This role would also be suitable for volunteers 14-18 years.
- Knowing that you are making a difference to the life of a person with a disability
- Experience in the disability sector relevant to potential employment
- Chance to practice and develop skills of organisation, teaching and coaching