- Location: Palmyra WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Friday 8.30am – 4pm approx
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Driving & Transportation
Melville Cares orientation and training
- Driver's Licence (HR)
- Driver's Licence (LR)
- National Police Certificate *
A commitment to working with frail aged and /or people with disabilities.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to attend Information Sessions / training as provided by Melville Cares
• Current Western Australian Drivers Licence. Class LR
• Current Western Australian Drivers Licence “F” endorsement
• Safe driving record.
• Current police clearance certificate.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Volunteer Community Bus Driver will ensure the safe and comfortable transport of all clients to join the Friendship group on Friday. 8.30am – 4pm approx.
Duties • Drive clients and client groups to and from excursions as arranged by Melville Cares Inc. office. • Ensure all extra equipment carried is properly secured at all times E.g. wheelchairs, walking frames, eskies etc • Ensure extra equipment carried does not block aisles or emergency exits • Refuel the vehicle if tank is near or below half full • Sweep out the vehicle at the end of each shift • Enter mileage and driver details in log books and complete reports as required • Attend Information Sessions / training functions as provided by Melville Cares. • Report any faults or damage as soon as possible to the Transport Coordinator so they can be checked and rectified as necessary in a timely manner