- Location: Balcatta WA
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
2 and 5 day camps & programs (few hours commitment) throughout the year
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Sport & Physical Activity
Registration and training session before attendance of first camp
: all meals, transport, accommodation & activities provided.
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Must be at least 18 years of age, enthusiastic and caring. Must have a genuine interest in children and be able to speak English fluently. Successful applicants will need a Working with Childrens Check and a valid Police Check (can assist with this).
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Cahoots requires enthusiastic people, aged 18+, to assist children with intellectual disabilities on camp in the school holidays as well as some weekend camps. These recreational camps provide much needed respite for families and carers and give you the opportunity to learn in a fully supportive environment. The volunteers role is to assist the children with personal care and to encourage them to socialise and have fun! We like to focus on their ABILITY, not their disABILITY.