- Location: Victor Harbor SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs & Fri - 9:30am - 5pm, Sat 10am - 4pm
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
On the job training provided
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
We're looking for people with a NATURAL FLAIR for CUSTOMER SERVICE. Would you like to join our team?
Vinnies shop volunteers do a variety of work.
Normal tasks include:
- Providing helpful and courteous customer service – greeting people and answering queries.
- Processing sales – using a simple computer register, EFTPOS/credit card facilities and cash handling.
- Re-stocking shop floor – displaying and merchandising.
- Stock preparation – sorting, cleaning, steaming and pricing.
- Store housekeeping – tidying, dusting, and cleaning.
- General shop duties.
Vinnies shops need people with a genuine DESIRE to HELP others.
The skills we look for are:
- A desire and ability to LEARN.
- A willingness to FOLLOW policies, procedures and instructions.
- The ability to work well in a TEAM environment.
- A FRIENDLY and compassionate personality.
You need an ability to listen and respond with courtesy, to maintain confidences and respect the privacy of those we encounter; and be sensitive to the values of people of other faiths, cultures and lifestyles. You must also be willing to follow Vinnies’ policies and procedures, undertake any training required, and undergo a National Police Check (at no cost to you as a volunteer).
Minimum age is 15 years.