- Location: Willagee WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Human Rights
Minimum 4 hours a week. Ongoing position
- People with disability
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
On-the-job training provided.
Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided in the store.
- National Police Certificate *
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a positive, can do attitude
- Reliable and punctual with rostered hours
- Basic understanding of sales and customer service practices
- Ability to work efficiently and being detailed oriented and organised
- Previous experience in retail and preloved fashion desirable
A National Criminal History Check prior to commencement and renewed every five years (Red Cross will arrange this).
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
- Assist with sorting, tagging and preparing donations for sale
- Help assess the quality and suitability of donated merchandise, and address and quality issues with the Store Manager
- Dispose of unsuitable goods appropriately according the Red Cross Policy.
- Process sales through the register/Point of Sale system
- Assist with cash handling and banking in line with Retail Policy Procedures
- Help to create window and visual merchandising displays
- Maintain a clean and tidy store with general housekeeping duties
- Identify hazards, assess risks and report incidents as required in line with the WHS policy
- Understand and apply Red Cross retail policies and procedures
- Manual handling and lifting up to 10kg
- Provide support to customers, fellow volunteers and staff