- Location: Rushcutters Bay NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Monday and/or Friday 10-2pm there may be an occasional need on other weekdays
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Food Preparation & Service
- Companionship & Social Support
Induction, W H & S, on-going training
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Do you have a special ability to connect with elderly persons and do you want to use this quality to help make an elderly person’s daily life more interesting and stimulating?
'The Cottage' requires a volunteer to assist with a group of elderly members of the community with low to medium level dementia. The role requires you to assist with supervision and participate in activities, games and diversional therapy with clients of the centre.
Other responsibilities will be to:
- discuss issues and/or concerns and provide feedback on group needs to the The Cottage coordinator.
- assist with food preparation and associated cleaning for client morning teas and lunches.
Main days required are Thursday and Friday but there may be an occasional need on other week days. The volunteer must be mobile and have good communication skills and people skills and some group facilitation skills would be desirable.
- gain satisfaction from inter-generational connections and their contribution to socialisation within the Day Care Centre.
- make new friends