- Location: Bankstown NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Health
Flexible over 7 days on roster system 3-15 hours per week may also need to be available at short notice if possible
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Driving & Transportation
On the job training is provided including a supervised and observed drive of route driven between Bankstown Airport & each of the Children's Hospital. A Driver Training Manual also provided.
- Driver's Licence (MR)
- Working with Children Check *
Speak very good English.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
This not-for-profit organisation is looking for special volunteers with excellent driving skills, to transport children needing life saving treatment, and their carers, from Bankstown Airport to the Children's Hospitals in Westmead or Randwick. If you are a caring, reliable and emotionally mature person you may like to assist.
Join a small team of volunteer drivers who are dedicated to ensuring the safe, reliable and efficient transportation of families between Bankstown Airport and Westmead Children’s Hospital or Sydney Children's Hospital in Randwick. This is an essential and valued part of the service, providing families with a complete transport solution from their local regional airport right through to the Children’s Hospital.
Drivers work on a roster basis, 7 days a week usually during the hours of 9am – 5pm. Drives usually take between 2-3 hours round trip including allowances for traffic and loading. Are you able to work to a roster basis and perform approximately 1-3 drives per week?. Drives are performed in a fleet of modern Hyundai vehicles including an 8 seater Hyundai IMax with all costs covered including fuel. Uniform provided upon commencement.
Volunteers should be over 25 years old, with a clean, full licence (no P's), with at least 5 years experience and confident driving an 8 seater van.
- Help provide this vital service of transporting seriously ill children from regional NSW to a Children's Hospital and reach the vision of ensuring that every seriously ill child living in regional NSW who needs help can access excellent care, by offering your time and skills as a Volunteer Driver.
- You will be part of a small, dedicated and passionate team and will see first hand the difference that this service makes to the families lives.
- The role is flexible based on your availability and can fit in with your other commitments.
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering, or your first time volunteering in Australia, you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.