- Location: Across: Melbourne VIC, Albion VIC, Sandringham VIC, Blackburn VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Family Services
Hours may be flexible
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Tutoring & Coaching
Attend a four hour workshop with Multiple Birth Volunteer Support Foundation’s personnel.
- Medical Check *
- Working with Children Check *
Volunteers must love and have experience with babies. Generally families are looking for support during the week, but sometimes on weekends. Volunteers need to attend a training session, hold a Working with Children Check card, and be vaccinated against whooping cough and measles.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Volunteers go in to the home of multiple birth families to help support the parents, and generally commit to 3-4 hours per week or fortnight.
Volunteers help parents with baby-related tasks which may include:
- Feeding, changing and settling babies
- Sterilising and preparing bottles
- Making up cots and hanging out or folding washing
- Reading to or playing with older siblings
- Attending appointments with the family
Volunteers will need to attend a 3-4 hour training and information session before being placed with a family. Please get in contact to find out when our next training session is being held, or to find out more information. We need volunteers across all areas of Melbourne, and we would love to hear from you!