- Location: Seventeen Mile Rocks QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
Two to three Saturdays a month. Activities range from 5 to 8 hours.
- Families with Children
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Sport & Physical Activity
Orientation or meeting the young people, on-the-job and formal training are provided.
- Working with Children Check *
A blue card is required for carers who are over 18 years of age. Applications for blue cards will be provided and are provided at no cost. Orientation training is provided. First aid training may be required.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The young people want someone who is reliable, friendly, enthusiastic and energetic to provide support and assistance. You will develop your communication skills and learn to assist in the delivery of activities for young people while they out and about in the community.
Focus on Youth is a small organisation which has been providing activities mostly on Saturdays to young people with disabilities between the ages of 7 and 29 for more than thirty years. The young people are mildly disabled and are assessed to ensure that they will benefit from the program.
Different activities are planned for each month for Saturdays and school holidays. The young people and their support staff normally travel in a bus owned by the organisation to and from activities.