- Location: Belmont WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Type of work
- Library Services
The committee would give general training and tips from their experience. The person in the position
All expenses would be covered (fuel, bus tickets, phone calls etc)
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
No qualifications or experience required
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We are a community-based organisation, passionate about supporting families in our community by providing a wide range of good quality educational, social and recreational toys that may be beyond the resources of the average family.
The toy library is supported by members who as a condition of membership volunteer their time once a term for toy library duty and contribute to fundraising and stocktake activities. The toy library has recently acquired new premises and has a growing base of members and that has provided the toy library committee with both opportunities and challenges.
To continue to provide excellent service to the residents of the City of Belmont we are looking for a volunteer to work for two hours on a Saturday morning. The role would include:
- Organisation of the returning toys on to the shelves in the library in a way that ensures they are still visible and appealing
- Attaching barcodes and remarking toys as needed
- Make a note of toys that are needing repair or missing pieces replaced
- Show families and children appropriate toys for the child’s age and stage
- Assist with the processing of toy return and the checkout of toys
- Trialling effective process and procedure to make the toy library as easy as possible
- Actively promote the benefits of the toy library and the importance of volunteers in the continuation of community-based organisation