- Location: Castle Hill NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
• 1-2 hours • Weekly or fortnightly • Available weekdays or weekends
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
• Anglicare Orientation • Site Induction • Role Training
Handcare volunteers provide gentle hand massage and sometimes paint nails whilst having a chat with our fascinating residents. We are currently seeking people to become handcare volunteers at our Castle Hill villages. This role is also particularly fun to do with a friend or two as it is quite sociable.
This program is about so much more than just handcare! It is about communication, relaxation, self esteem, providing opportunities for safe touch, and sharing stories.
Volunteers also benefit from providing hand massage as the process can be relaxing and many build friendships through the visits.
Days and times are flexible.
Orientation and relevant training provided.