- Location: Kippax ACT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
At least one four hour shift per week (any day Monday - Friday 9am - 4.30pm)
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Retail & Sales
Manual handling, induction
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
- Current valid Australian Class C driver’s licence.
- Have a current, or be prepared to apply for, Working with Vulnerable People Card.
- Good verbal communications and customer service skills.
- Ability to work to defined timeframes/schedules.
- Lifting is a requirement of the position so the applicant should be fit and able to perform these duties within reason.
- Volunteers & staff must complete a Health Declaration Form to advise of any pre-existing medical conditions
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The volunteer Concierge is to be available in the UnitingCare Kippax reception/foyer area to welcome individuals, families, guests, and contractors to the premises and direct or assist them to the required services according to their needs.
- To provide high quality client services
- To identify and direct the needs of the client to the correct service area
- To provide referrals to other agencies when required and assist clients with relevant information to meet their request.
The volunteer Concierge will assist in entering statistics when directed by the Manager. The Concierge will also answer phone enquiries and take appointments when required.
Other duties include: Ensure that the foyer, kitchen, toilets, hall and auditorium are ready for users and are tidy throughout the day. Collect mail on a daily basis and forward on to the Administration Officer. Assist in the daily collection of groceries. Assist in unpacking large food deliveries into pantry.