- Location: Kippax ACT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
At least one four hour shift per week (any day Monday - Friday 9am - 4.30pm)
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
- Administration & Office Management
- Writing & Editing
Manual handling, induction
- National Police Certificate *
Successful volunteers will have a current, or be prepared to obtain a Working with Vulnerable People Card
- Good verbal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work to defined time frames
- Some lifting is required within reason
- Volunteers must complete a Health Declaration Form to advise of any pre-existing medical conditions.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The volunteer Concierge is located in the UnitingCare Kippax reception/foyer area. Your role will be to welcome individuals, families, guests, and contractors to the premises and direct or assist them to the required services according to their needs.
- provide high quality client services
- identify and direct the needs of the client to the relevant service area
- provide referrals to other agencies and assist clients with relevant information
- answer phone enquiries and take appointments when required
- general administrative duties as required
Other duties include: ensuring that the foyer, kitchen, toilets, hall and auditorium are ready for users and are tidy throughout the day. Collect mail on a daily basis. Assist in the daily collection of groceries. Assist in unpacking large food deliveries into pantry.