- Location: Viewbank VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 8am - 12.30pm During public school terms only.
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Travelling Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Working with Animals
- Disability Support
We use the buddy system to get started and this is ongoing.
Tea and coffee provided. Good idea to bring lunch.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
Working with Children Check
Training on the job
Able to work with children with a disability and be around horses
Horse skills (desirable)
Sense of fun and purpose
Of course it is advantageous to come regularly but all input is valuable to our organisation.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
As a valued volunteer, you’ll find a range of available roles—something to suit every person’s abilities. Role/tasks include:
- Helping to bring horses in from the paddock
- Assisting the coach and other volunteers to mount riders
- Leading and sidewalking
- Feeding horses at the end of the session
- Putting horses away
- Dismantling games from the arena and picking up manure as needed
Skills required to do all these things can be acquired on the job. A certain level of fitness is required (e.g. being on your feet for up to four hours). Following coaches directions, and having fun and being around horses!
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.