- Location: Doncaster East VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
An average of 7-10 hours of work per month with time variable:some weeks requiring no work and other weeks requiring several hours of work.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Food Preparation & Service
- Fundraising & Events
Any required training will be provided on site
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Qualification in Food Handling and Preparation with management experience in food service industry required for this long-term role
Good language, social and administrative skills, as well as food knowledge are vital.
The maturity necessary to lead a mixed age team
Have your own transport
The ideal person for this job may be happily employed part-time but is not seeking full-time employment, and/or is retired but still active.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Manningham Salvation Army provides friendship and a sense of community to all within the City of Manningham. Activities are offered for young families, the elderly, those in material need and the socially isolated. All activities are supported by a vigorous volunteering program.
This Centre has a community development approach that aims to provide a safe place, genuine friendship and true acceptance of the people who come to the Centre from every walk of life.
The vital role for the Centre involves:
- following through a yearly cycle of food relevant dates (available at the start of the year)
- assisting in rostering a significant team of food service volunteers
- preparing menus in association with Centre leaders
- specifying quantities of food needed for expected numbers of participants in food related events
- providing training where needed
- caring for our semi-commercial kitchen facility
- helping to direct the food service volunteers.
This long-term role is vital to the Centre and involves helping to both manage and develop the team of food service volunteers.